Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Public Service Announcement

Consider this a Public Service Announcement:

To all you folks out there who love the song "Son of a Bitch" by AC/DC, I have some bad news for you: "Son of a bitch," by AC/DC, doesn't exist.

"But wait a minute" you say, "just wait one minute."

Now you're messin' with - a son of a bitch

"It has to exist, I know the words and everything!"

Again, no, it doesn't.

The song you, and so many others, call "Son of a Bitch" by AC/DC, is actually "Hair of the Dog," by Nazareth.

"Wait a second, every-rose-has-its-thorn-Nazareth?"

No, that was Poison.

"Oh riiiight. But wait, are you sure? Cause I know lots of people who love that song. I even downloaded 'son of a bitch' by AC/DC off of Napster, and my friends all have it on their ipods."

The other "ugly" side of illegal file-sharing is that it propogates misinformation - like attributing one band's song to another, better known band, because the lead singers kind of sound the same.

"Look I'm not sure you're right, cause I love AC/DC. I can even tell the Bon Scott stuff from the Brian Johnson stuff."

And for that I am truly sorry. Look, I love AC/DC as much as any red-blooded, true-American, freedom-loving, terrorist-hating,Western Pennsylvania girl, but the minute I can start to tell Bon Scott from Brian Johnson (or want to), I'm kicking this love affair to the curb. But seriously, check the internet, it's on my side, and the internet never lies.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not hard to tell the difference between Bon Scott and brian Johnson